How are your staff handling the trauma storm?
Build a strong foundation with our Trauma Informed PD Series. Equip all staff with a trauma-informed mindset and a trauma-responsive skill set, to address the impacts of adversity.
Research-based effective content and best practice strategies
This comprehensive professional development includes videos and job-specific tools for all staff roles that take the guesswork out of implementing trauma-informed practices in your district.
The Trauma Informed PD Series helps your staff:
- Create a culture of well-being for staff and students
- Improve school climate
- Create a common mindset and skill set for all employees
- Reduce behavioral challenges and learning disruption
- Understand and prepare for what is needed when returning to campus after the pandemic, as behavioral challenges are certain to come
Our PD toolkit includes:
- 5- to 12-minute, easy-to-understand videos on: ACEs, resilience, regulation, SEL, building trauma-informed environments and more
- Concepts in Action videos that model best practices
- Summaries, discussion and facilitator guides, and quizzes
- Trauma-informed functional behavior assessments and behavior intervention plans
- Trauma-informed classroom, environment and climate and culture checklists for teachers and administrators
- Job-specific guides for all classified staff roles, from bus drivers to paraeducators
- And much more
In a survey of 35 principals representing 12 school districts, 87% found the Trauma Informed Series to be helpful towards their school’s efforts to become trauma-informed and resilience-oriented.
Specific outcomes of usage included:
- Increased staff skills
- Decreased student discipline referrals
- Decreased staff absences
The Trauma Informed PD Series is flexibly designed to support district efforts to become trauma-informed and responsive. It can serve as a guide for a full district-wide PD plan, or can be used in school staff meetings, PLCs, or even independently.
With the Trauma Informed PD Series, educators will:
- Develop a trauma-informed mindset and a trauma-responsive skill set to help build resilience in students
- Help students develop their own social emotional and regulation skills
- Address their own self-care and wellness
- Build a trauma-informed foundation and culture that helps all staff and students thrive