With reported increases in childhood mental health challenges, increased frequency and severity of violent incidents beginning in very young grades, and feelings of isolation or bullying amplified by social media, building the mindset and skill set to address the impacts of students’ trauma and adversity is critical for all K-12 staff.
We took the guesswork out of implementing trauma-informed practices in your district with the Trauma Informed PD Series, a comprehensive professional development toolkit that includes videos and job-specific tools for ALL staff roles. It helps your staff:
- Create a culture of well-being for staff and students
- Improve school climate
- Create a common mindset and skill set for all employees
- Build a resilience-oriented environment
- Reduce behavioral challenges and learning disruptions
Our PD toolkit includes:
- 5- to 12-minute, easy-to-understand videos on: ACEs, resilience, regulation, SEL, building trauma-informed environments, and more
- Concepts in Action videos that model best practices
- Summaries, discussion and facilitator guides, and quizzes
- Trauma-informed functional behavior assessments and behavior intervention plans
- Trauma-informed classroom, environment, and climate and culture checklists for teachers and administrators
- Job-specific guides for all classified staff roles, from bus drivers to paraeducators
- And much more
In a survey of 35 principals representing 12 school districts, 87% found the Trauma Informed Series to be helpful towards their school’s efforts to become trauma-informed and resilience-oriented.
They reported seeing:
- Increased staff skills
- Decreased student discipline referrals
- Decreased staff absences
The Building Staff and Student Resilience: Trauma Informed PD Series is flexibly designed to support district efforts to become trauma-informed and responsive.
This PD Series helps educators:
- Develop a trauma-informed mindset and a trauma-responsive skill set to help build resilience in students
- Guide students to develop their own social-emotional and regulation skills
- Address their own self-care and wellness
- Build a trauma-informed foundation and culture that helps all staff and students
Ready to Try the Trauma Informed PD Series?
Trauma-Informed Schools: The Foundation of Well-Being poster
Better Together: A Trauma Informed Approach to Social Emotional Learning